One of the most exciting projects that you can do at your home is a bathroom remodel that turns this room into a sanctuary of peace and relaxation. If your current bathtub and fixtures are outdated, it’s time to give a facelift to this very important room in your home. Your ultimate goal will be to make it a fresh, attractive, and inviting place where you can reenergize at the end of the day.
Let’s take a look at some ways to add a touch of elegance to your new bathroom where you’ll leave your stress and worries behind.
- Begin by setting a budget so that you can buy the fixtures, appliances, and accessories that you can afford; this prevents overspending which creates only more stress when the payments are due. It’s a good idea to use a small notebook where you can keep notes about measurements, colors, and your preferences for accessories and furnishings that complete the look that you want.
- Think about the colours that you want to use for wall paint, tiles, and your lighting and plumbing installations. If you are planning on adding a freestanding bath as well, explore your options with colours and surfaces that are easily cleaned and maintained. Once you have these details decided you can begin to make minor changes yourself before the professionals come in to do the additional installations for you.
- In your notebook you should have the measurements of the space that you have available for your bath; visit www.jtspas.co.uk and check out designs, styles, and specifications of the models that can be purchased to create a nice focal point for your new bathroom.
- Another change to consider is the lighting in your bathroom; it’s nice to have a dimming feature where you can dim the lights, light candles, listen to some soft music, and relax to re-energise yourself.
- Once your bath is in place, the paint has been changed, and the new tiles added, it’s time to shop for new towels and accessories that make your bathroom look like a personal spa. You should buy some fragrant soap, some fluffy new towels, and some oils that add to your bathing experience. Once you have everything in place you can begin to enjoy your new project and think about other areas in your home that need a facelift.
Making your bathroom a beautiful place where you can prepare for another day at work or begin to relax as you unwind for a good night’s sleep will be one of the most enjoyable projects that you have done. Be sure to shop carefully, take plenty of notes, and remain organized throughout the entire process. You will be much more satisfied with the end result if you carefully plan the project from start to finish before work even commences.
Image courtesy of: JTSpas.co.uk